Version 0.1.0 of Hydro, my hydrodynamics module for Godot has been released! While there are several improvements I'd still like to make, it is definitely usable right now. Due to recent changes in the upcoming 3.1 code, you'll need to be on 3.1 Beta 4 or newer for the module to compile.
If you're curious what this module can do, see my previous post. If you're ready to jump in and try it out, see the links below:
- Source code: https://gitlab.com/ringtechsolutions/godot-tools/hydro/hydro
- Instructions: https://gitlab.com/ringtechsolutions/godot-tools/hydro/hydro/wikis/home
- Simple demo: https://gitlab.com/ringtechsolutions/godot-tools/hydro/hydrosimpledemo
What's coming next? Generally speaking, here's what I'd still like to do:
- Add a few more niceties to the editor
- Add some new node types to help with boats and defining bodies of water
- Performance optimizations to make it easier to have lots of simple objects
- Create a demo project with a full-featured boat
- Improve the documentation, maybe write some step-by-step tutorials if people would find it helpful
Feedback is always appreciated! If you make something cool with it, I'd love to see it as well.